MOVE ALONG NOTHING TO SEE HERE
All new docs are being written in the github msndevs wiki
The old contents are left here for historical reference
I'm a fan of the msn protocol. There are few of us left. Everyone moved on. I'm still here.
If you're wondering stuff like "isn't it dead", "why do you care" or similar, see FAQ.
Objectives of this project
- Document MSNP24 as currently used by skype and outlook.com
- Document older protocols and missing details of the existing docs, which might be useful when upgrading existing client implementations.
- Create a PoC client that connects to MSNP24 and talks to both microsoft accounts and skype contacts
- Implement this protocol version in at least one mainstream third party client.
- 2014-11-14 - EVERYTHING BLEW UP. Two days ago, ApplicationIDs used for SOAP ABService requests got blocked by the servers. See this blog post for more details
- 2014-10-05 - Added full command list (with placeholders) to the commands page (spoiler: it turned out to look a lot like MSNP21)
- 2014-10-05 - Created oauth page to start documenting what I found yesterday.
- 2014-10-04 - Played around a bit with the skype desktop client, but it refused to go over an HTTPS MITM proxy after the authentication step, which is oauth.
- 2014-10-04 - Created networks page. Wrote the "Objectives of this project" above.
- 2014-10-02 - Moved FAQ to its own page. Expanded msnp24 section.
- 2014-10-01 - Gave this section some love. Started pages msnp21, msnp22, msnp24 to document what I have so far.
- 2014-09-30 - Find out about MSNP22 (and the mostly-non-working MSNP23 and MSNP25)
- 2014-08-15 - Started this section
Pages in this section
- msndevs wiki - all new documentation is being written here
- MSNPiki - documentation up to MSNP18.
- The fact that it's still up is sort of a miracle. Throws blank pages sometimes, refreshing fixes it (or using archive.org)
- Hypothetic.org's docs - the original, very outdated, protocol docs.
- Still contains some useful details not documented elsewhere
- MSNPSharp MSNP21 docs (mirrored here in github since google code is going down)
- kythyria's skype protocol notes
- dx's general msn notes
- Messengergeek's blog - status updates